The program, which will involve museum curators and researchers from the university's Brain Science Institute and the Department of Cognitive Science, will create a program for 3- to 5-year-old children that's tentatively called "Start With Art."
- Sondheim Artscape Prize exhibit moves to Walters
- Walters art exhibit focuses on Africans living in Renaissance Europe
- Holocaust tapestries at AVAM help explore the nature of narrative
- 'The Art of Storytelling' exhibit at American Visionary Art Museum [Pictures]
- Baltimore's best fall arts events [Pictures]
- Vic Carter's Howard County home [Pictures]
See more photos »
The Walters Art Museum, 600 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
"We know early learning programs help children reach their full potential in school and life," Susan Magsamen, Director of Interdisciplinary Programs at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, said in a news release.
"We also know that highly enriched sensory experiences enhance learning. What better place than the Walters to create a research-based program that builds on interdisciplinary expertise?"