Kitchen staff wait outside following a fire in the David Student Union building on the campus of Christopher Newport University on Monday morning. Investigators determined that a small fire started near the freezers in the kitchen and then caught cardboard material on fire, according to Newport News Fire Department Battalion Chief Jerry Reed. No one was injured in the incident.
COMMENTING POLICY:Readers are encouraged to post comments that are germane to the article. We reserve the right to remove any user, and to delete comments that contain abusive language or personal threats, as well as those that are racist or demeaning. Readers may report comments by clicking "Report Abuse." Once a comment has been flagged, a Baltimore Sun staffer will investigate. Click here for more information on commenting.