Kings Island and Cedar Point are the most popular seasonal amusement parks in the U.S., according to a report issued by the Theme Entertainment Association.
Both parks, owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment of Sandusky, Ohio, saw a slight rise in attendance last year.
Cedar Fair is the seventh-largest theme park group in the world.
Among all theme/amusement parks in North America, including those open year round, Kings Island, near Cincinnati, and Cedar Point, in Sandusky, ranked 15th and 16th. The big gorillas on the list, naturally, were Walt Disney World and Disneyland. At Universal Orlando, the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction lifted attendance at its Islands of Adventure park 28 percent to sixth on the list.
Theme park attendance in North America last year rose 2.9 percent to 127 million visitors, the report found.
Here's the list of the top theme/amusement parks in North America:
1. Magic Kingdom, Disney World, Orlando
2. Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.
3. Epcot, Disney World, Orlando, Fla.
4. Animal Kingdom, Disney World, Orlando
5. Hollywood Studios, Disney World, Orlando
6. Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando
7. California Adventure, Disneyland, Anaheim
8. Universal Studios, Orlando
9. SeaWorld Florida, Orlando
10. Universal Studios Hollywood, Calif.
11. SeaWorld California, San Diego
12. Busch Gardens, Tampa
13. Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, Calif.
14. Canada's Wonderland, Toronto
15. Kings Island, near Cincinnati
16. Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
17. Hershey Park, Hershey, Pa.
18. Busch Gardens Europe, Williamsburg, Va.
19. Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, Calif.
20. SeaWorld Texas, San AntonioCopyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun