My mother-in-law told me she always makes a cherry pie, or cherry cobbler, or turnovers, or something cherry, for President's Day. Ain't she sweet? The rest of America, it appears, goes shopping for President's Day, or at least that's what the stores are hoping for with all these deals they put out there:
- Wantnot.net, the best bargain retail shopping blog there is, has TONS of President's Day deals up right now. The Children's Place sale + free shipping + coupon codes. She said these Amazon clothing coupon codes were only good through the weekend, but since the coupon codes include the phrase "prezday," let's hope that means the LONG weekend.
- Another favorite blogger of mine, Mashup Mom, points us to a President's Day shoe sale on Amazon and, hey! Free jump session TONIGHT at several Chicago-area Pump It Up locations. Our busy weekend included a birthday party at Pump It Up, a highly organized kid-fun machine, and now both of them want to have their next birthdays there. So I guess you could say kids love it.
- Take 20 percent off anything at Land's End today only, with the coupon code PDAY11 and the PIN 2162. They say you'll get the discount in stores, too, but I don't see any coupon to print so hopefully they've just got it all marked down for the day.
- Print this Coldwater Creek coupon to get $20 off a $50 purchase, $30 off $150 or $50 off $200, today only. Online, use the coupon code WZH8096, and if you spend $200, you'll get free shipping.
- At the Disney Store, take an extra 25 percent off clearance items, today only, with the coupon code PRESDAY. This makes for some really cheap kids' clothes, if you can find something that isn't sold out. You have to pay shipping.
- Got a baby shower coming up? At Toysrus.com and BabiesRUs.com, get free standard shipping today only on purchases of $75 or more. You can shop from both stores in one order.