One of the first big events of the Chicago running season, the Shamrock Shuffle, closed a group of streets in the downtown area this morning.
According to race sponsor Bank of America, these streets will be closed for the 33-year-old 8-kilometer competition that has 40,000 entrants:
• Columbus Drive, from Randolph Drive to Grand Avenue, 8:15-10:15 a.m.
• Grand Avenue, from Columbus Drive to State Street, 8:15-10:30 a.m.
• State Street, from Grand Avenue to Jackson Boulevard, 8:15-10:45 a.m.
• Jackson Boulevard, from State Street to Desplaines Street, 8:15-10:45 a.m.
• Desplaines Street, from Jackson Boulevard to Van Buren Street, 8:30-11:15 a.m.
• Van Buren Street, from Desplaines Street to Michigan Avenue, 8:30-11:15 a.m.
• Michigan Avenue (northbound lanes only), from Van Buren Street to Roosevelt Road., 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Roosevelt Road (westbound lanes only), from Michigan Avenue to Columbus Drive, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Access to Grant Park will be limited until about 3 p.m. today.
Upper Randolph Drive between Michigan Avenue and Lake Shore Drive will stay open. The course follows Columbus Drive and only lower Randolph Drive will be affected by the closures.
Michigan Avenue will remain open north of Van Buren Street. The southbound lanes of Michigan Avenue will stay open south of Van Buren and the eastbound lanes of Roosevelt will stay open.
Turn lanes from westbound Grand Avenue onto northbound Fairbanks Street and from southbound State Street onto westbound Grand Avenue will remain open.