A man who robbed a Glenview bank this afternoon is believed to have robbed five other Chicago-area banks since October, according to the FBI.
The MB Financial Bank, 2200 N. Waukegan Road, was robbed about 2:25 p.m., according to Joan Hyde, a spokeswoman for the FBI. The suspect either passed a teller a note or made a verbal demand of the teller, according to Hyde.
The man who robbed the bank is suspected of five other robberies since October, according to the FBI:
- TCF Bank, 1415 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows, on Oct. 26;
- Popular Community Bank, 7181 West Irving Park Road, on Nov. 5;
- Harris Bank, 615 Busse Highway, Park Ridge on Nov. 9;
- TCF Bank, 2301 N. Harlem Ave., on Nov. 15;
- And Glenview State Bank, 1801 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights on Nov. 23.
The robber is described by authorities as a white male, 6 feet tall, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and baseball hat.
Anyone with information about any of the robberies should contact the FBI Chicago bureau at 312-421-6700.
Glenview police were not commenting.
Twitter: @TribLocalCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun