Get unlimited digital access to baltimoresun.com. $0.99 for 4 weeks.

Smoke from faulty light brings firefighters to Mag Mile

Smoke from a light fixture in the basement of a building brought firefighters to the Magnificent Mile this afternoon.

The call came shortly before 2 p.m. after smoke was spotted coming from a basement of the building on the 600 block of North Michigan Avenue, according to Chicago Fire Department Spokesman Will Knight. The building houses a Chase Bank branch.

When firefighters responded the determined that smoke had come from a light fixture that had malfunctioned.

There were no injuries and the incident was quickly under control, said Knight.

chicagobreaking@tribune.com

twitter: @ChicagoBreaking

Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun
Related Content
Comments
Loading