Chicago Fire Department investigators believe a gas grill on a rear porch was responsible for igniting several porches in a Lakeview neigborhood apartment building, officials said.
The fire was reported at a three-flat building on the 3300 block of North Southport Avenue at 3:45 p.m., according to Chicago Fire Department officials.
The fire was raised to a 2-11 alarm, which calls for additional manpower.
Firefighters were dealing with high temperatures but officials said no injuries were reported.
Witnesses described the porches being fully engulfed.
Twitter: @ChicagoBreakingCopyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun