A Chicago man arrested in connection with a Saturday morning traffic accident on the Eisenhower Expressway that killed two west suburban woman is being held without bail on a probation violation, but has not yet been charged in the crash, according to records and officials.
Illinois State Police on Sunday said Miguel Rico, 20, of the 2400 block of South Christiana Avenue in the city's Little Village neighborhood, had been charged with aggravated driving under the influence. But State Police spokeswoman Monique Bond and the Cook County state’s attorney’s office said Monday that Rico has not yet been charged. He is believed to have been the driver in the crash, however, and after the crash was arrested and held without bail on a charge of violating probation in a 2011 felony drug-possession case.
Rico was driving a red 2005 Dodge minivan that was driving westbound in the eastbound lanes of the expressway near Harlem Avenue about 1:50 a.m. Saturday when he hit an eastbound blue 2001 Ford, police said Sunday.
Two of the three women inside the Ford were killed. One was the Ford's driver, identified as Briana Resto, 19, of Northlake, and the other was passenger Monica Hernandez, 20, of Maywood, according to state police.
Rico, who had been hospitalized after the accident, was arrested Saturday and appeared in Cook County Central Bond Court on Sunday, where Criminal Court Judge Donald Panarese ordered him held wihout bail on the probation violation, according to police and court records. He is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday before Judge Panarese, according to court records.