Mapping Chicago's speed cameras
Chicago's new speed cameras will begin issuing their first warning tickets to motorists in August, near four city parks, with at least eight more locations set to go operational in September. Drivers recorded going at least 6 mph over the posted speed limits will get only warning citations for the first 30 days, then $35 tickets will be mailed. Motorists clocked at more than 10 mph over the limit will be tagged for $100 fines. Read more
- Abbott Park, 49 E. 95th St.
- Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences, 3857 W. 111th St.
- Curie High School, 4959 S. Archer Ave.
- Douglas Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Ave.
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Gompers Park, 4222 W. Foster Ave.
- Humboldt Park, 1440 N. Humboldt Dr.
- Jones High School, 606 S. State St.
- Legion Park, 3100 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Marquette Park, 6743 S. Kedzie Ave.
- Washington Park, 5531 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road