Heading into his 14th and final All-Star Game appearance, Derek Jeter remains atop the list, closely followed by some of the biggest names in the game as well as young stars such as Rizzo who are leading the next generation.
Jeter's No. 2 was first on the top 20 list released by Major League Baseball and the players' association with San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw and a pair of Boston Red Sox -- designated hitter David Ortiz and second baseman Dustin Pedroia -- rounding out the top five.
The list is based on Majestic jerseys from MLB.com and MLB Shop since the start of the 2014 regular season. Twelve of the top 20 are 27 years old or younger, tied for the most since MLB began publishing these rankings in 2010.
Three newcomers to the list are Rizzo, Freddie Freeman (Braves) and Masahiro Tanaka (Yankees). Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig and Angels outfielder Mike Trout were in the top five in jersey sales in June.
The full-season list below features players representing 15 different teams, with only the Dodgers (Kershaw, Puig and Hyun-Jin Ryu) having as many as three players on the list. The list also features eight infielders, five pitchers, four outfielders, two catchers and a designated hitter.
The top 20 player jersey sales since Opening Day:
1. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
2. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
3. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
5. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
7. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
9. Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
12. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
14. Masahiro Tanaka, New York Yankees
15. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
16. Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
18. Hyun-Jin Ryu, Los Angeles Dodgers
19. Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants