* Cook announces a new Apple TV, with 1080 (HD) capability. New user interface. Photo Stream support, meaning you take a pic with your iPhone and it automatically appears on your TV (through Apple TV). Also, you can generate Genius playlists off your movie choices in iTunes.
* The new iPad will have a retina display (really, really good, bright display) -- 2048 x 1536 pixels. This new iPad will have more pixels than your home HD TV set, sez Apple.
* The new iPad offers four times the performance/speed as the iPad 2. It needs more horsepower to power the retina display.
* Another feature: the same cameras as the iPhone 4S. Those are apparently quite good. (I don't have a 4S so I wouldn't know firsthand.) And HD 1080 video recording, with stabilization.
* Another feature: voice dictation.
* The wireless network: 4G LTE is coming to the latest iPad. Expect Verizon and AT&T to sell their models with 4G built-in. The models will also support 3G around the world. And it can act as a personal hotspot, if your carrier supports that feature.
* The battery life: Still pretty good at 10 hours, 9 hours with 4G.
* The price: Same scheme as past iPad prices, starting at $499 for basic Wi-Fi, 16GB.
* A bunch of new software upgrades from Apple, including: iWork, GarageBand, iMovie and iPhoto.
* FYI - The new iPad is simply called that. No "3". No "HD." Just iPad.