In the spirit of the Super Bowl, the techie real estate firm has compiled a set of statistics comparing the housing markets that surround M&T Bank Stadium and Candlestick Park. Here are some of the other tidbits Redfin collected about the Super Bowl cities:
- In December, the median price for a single-family home in Baltimore was $145,000; in San Francisco it was $822,000.
- Baltimore's rentals in high demand, fueling building boom
- The Real Estate Wonk blog
- 10 Hottest Baltimore Neighborhoods for 2013 [Pictures]
- Local housing market Top 10s for 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Only one-third of Baltimore’s homeowners live in multi-family buildings; in San Francisco, that figure is two-thirds.
- The homeownership rate is at 37 percent in San Francisco, while it almost 50 percent in Baltimore.
- In the past four months, more than three-quarter of the offers that Redfin agents made on homes in San Francisco went into a bidding war. In Baltimore, the rate was about one-third.
Have a real estate news tip or experience to share? Email me at email@example.com.