CitiMortgage says its local borrowers should come to Towson on Tuesday if they're having trouble keeping up with their loan payments or face foreclosure.
The company is holding a foreclosure-prevention event at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel at 903 Dulaney Valley Rd. from noon to 7 p.m. on Oct. 8. The free event will include one-on-one time with mortgage-assistance specialists.
Homeowners can sign up at events.citimortgage.com, but you don't have to pre-register. Those who need help but can't attend should call 866-915-9417, Citi says.
The company suggests bringing a lot of documentation. Here's the laundry list, quoting directly from the event announcement:
- Completed 4506T tax form to request a tax return transcript, if possible (forms also available at the event)
- Completed Request for Assistance form, if possible (forms also available at the event)
- Signed Dodd-Frank Certification, if possible (forms also available at the event)
- Your CitiMortgage account number
- Pay stubs covering the last 60 days (if unemployed, please bring your unemployment benefits letter)
- Most recent personal checking, savings, money market, mutual funds, stock and bond statements, covering the last 60 days
- Current property tax statement
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Declaration page
- Last two years of completed and filed tax returns including all pages and schedules (Proof of 2012 filing extension, if applicable).
- If self-employed:
- Profit and Loss statement and last 6 months of business bank statements