A celebration planned for National Homebrew Day on Saturday will instead be a clean-up of the mess left by Wednesday's floods, which pummeled many businesses along the Jones Falls, including Nepenthe Homebrew.
Organizers expect about 50 people, said Amy Huntington, a member of Baltibrew, which was organizing the Big Brew event in the Meadow Mill parking lot.
Huntington said the volunteers will provide help to anyone in the complex that wants it. Details here.
- As rains subside, Md. residents confront widespread damage
- Flooding and related damage in the Baltimore region April 30, 2014 [Pictures]
- Deluge causes landslide in Charles Village, floods roadways across state
- Maryland weather photos of 2014 [Pictures]
- Tornado, severe thunderstorm safety tips [Pictures]
- Top 10 high allergy cities
See more photos »
- VIDEO: High water on the Jones Falls
- VIDEOS: 26th Street landslide