Assets owned or operated by Comcast:
E! Entertainment Network, Style Network, Golf Channel, Versus, G4, PBS Kids Sprout, TV One, FEARNet, Exercise TV and Comcast Entertainment Television
- Regional sports and news affiliates, including Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, California, Chicago, New England, New York, Northwest, Philadelphia, Washington, Southeast, Southwest, Sun Sports, New England Cable News, and the Comcast Network
- Interactive holding, including DailyCandy, Fancast, Fandango, Movies.com, Plaxo and ThePlatform
Company background: Comcast is the nation's largest subscription television service by means of direct-to-home cable and community access. The company employs over 100,000 people and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Assets owned or operated by NBC Universal:
- Network television assets, including NBC, Telemundo, NBC News, NBC Sports and Universal Sports (half-owned asset)
- Financial cable television asset CNBC, with regional channels in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, as well as hyperlocalized regional affiliates in Pakistan, Ausralia, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Cable operations, including A&E, Bravo, Chiller, MSNBC, Mun2, Oxygen, Syfy, Sleuth, The Weather Channel, Universal HD, USA Network and Universal Sports (half-owned asset)
- Commercial operation ShopNBC, available on many over-the-air, digital cable and satellite platforms
- Global networks, including international operations of the Hallmark Channel, SciFi UK, SciFi Germany, SciFi Franch, SciFi Australia, SciFi Poland, SciFi Romania, SciFi Russia, SciFi Asia, CNBC World, CNBC TV18, CNBC Awaaz, Universal Channel, Movies 24, KidsCo, Diva TV, Steel, Das Vierte and Studio Universal
- Several NBC owned and operated stations, including KNBC, KNSD, KNTV, KXAS, WCAU, WMAQ, WNBC, WRC, WTVJ, WVIT and Telemundo stations KBLR, KEJT-LP, KHRR, KDEN, KNSO, KTAZ, KTMD, KVDA, KSTS, KVEA, KXTX, WKAQ, WNEU, WNJU, WSCV and WSNS
- Internet assets including MSNBC.com, iVillage, getTRIO.com and part operational ownership of Hulu.com
- Universal Studios assets, including Focus Features, United International Pictures, Univeral Animation Studios, Universal Animation Studios, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Universal Playback, Geneon Universal, Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Pictures, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Florida, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore and Universal CityWalk
Company background: NBC Universal is a joint effort between General Electric (80%) and Vivendi Media (20%). The company operates the National Broadcasting Company, founded in 1926 by RCA, the first major television network in the United States. The company employs over 300,000 people and is headquartered at Rockefeller Center in New York City.