Manziel, the possible first overall pick in the NFL draft, has signed a multi-year marketing deal with Under Armour rival Nike, ESPN reported. Though Nike, which confirmed the agreement to ESPN, did not release financial terms, ESPN said the marketing rights will come at the highest price for a rookie in this year's class.
A Nike spokesman did not respond to a request for comment Monday.
- Johnny Manziel appears on Under Armour signage in Baltimore
- Under Armour vaults to bigger playing field with Notre Dame, Naval Academy deals
- Under Armour signs Notre Dame to apparel deal
- Under Armour Brand House opens in NYC's SoHo district [Pictures]
- Under Armour at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
- Johnny Manziel banners at Under Armour campus [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Under Armour's Kevin Plank on Sagamore Farm [Video]
- Notre Dame switches to Under Armour [Video]
Manziel had visited Under Armour's Locust Point headquarters campus in January, The Sun had reported. The athlete was greeted with a banner that said, "Welcome To Our House, Johnny."
In January, Under Armour had confirmed only that Manziel had visited.
Matt Mirchin, Under Armour executive vice president of global marketing, had said that athletes and schools frequently visit to discuss potential deals.
At the time, Mirchin had said of Manziel, "He's a great athlete and a great football player, and we think he will have a great career."