Liberty Tax Service will prepare tax returns for free for veterans and active military personnel and their immediate family members through Sunday.
The offer, for first-time customers only, coincides with Military and Veterans Appreciation Week and is available at participating offices.
"We want to give something back to honor the men and women who bravely defend our freedom, our family and friends, and the American way of life," said Mike Irving owner of Liberty Tax Service at 6518-B Reisterstown Road. "Tax advice is always free regarding military service tax issues or any tax concern."
Liberty Tax takes appointments but does not require them.
The franchise company, owned by JTH Holdings Inc., has five Baltimore area locations:
- 6518-B Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, 21215
- 8035-A Liberty Road, Windsor Mill, 21244
- 4422 Park Heights Avenue, Baltimore, 21215
- 11712-C Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, 21136
- 9750 Reisterstown Road, Owings Mills, 21117