Under Armour said Tuesday it will open a new store in Chicago next year as the Baltimore-based athletic apparel maker expands its physical footprint.
The Chicago location, expected to open in March, 2015, is planned for 600 North Michicagn Avenue, within the city's Magnificent Mile district. The company, which has partnerships with Notre Dame, Northwestern and the Chicago Cubs, said the store will "fortify the brand's deep connection to Chicago and the surrounding areas."
- Under Armour Brand House opens in NYC's SoHo district [Pictures]
- Under Armour hopes to hit its stride in footwear with ClutchFit rollout
- Under Armour Clutchfit shoes
- Under Armour at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
- Johnny Manziel banners at Under Armour campus [Pictures]
- Athletes with Under Armour endorsements [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Under Armour's Kevin Plank on Sagamore Farm [Video]
- Notre Dame switches to Under Armour [Video]
The company has said it wants to place its large "Brand Houses" with the newest designs and products in urban markets where wide assortments of its merchandise are less readily available. Under Armour also expects to have 112 factory outlets by the end of the year, as well as specialty stores in Westfield Annapolis Shopping Mall, Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Natick, Mass., and Vail, Colo.
"We are excited to open our first Brand House in Chicago, on Michigan Avenue, one of the world's most iconic and dynamic retail destinations," said Susie McCabe, Under Armour's senior vice president of global retail. "The Under Armour Chicago Brand House will be our largest to date and will provide us with a new opportunity to expand upon our mission to make all athletes better, while delivering an elevated and personalized shopping experience."