Southwest expands BWI service with new flights
Daily service to Dominican Republic and Flint, Mich.
- BWI sets new mark in July for passenger traffic
- Southwest to drop service to Newark, N.J.
- Southwest cutting three daily BWI flights to LaGuardia
- Pictures: BWI renovations
- BWI Airport through the years [Pictures]
- Items seized at BWI Marshall Airport [Pictures]
See more photos »
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Baltimore, MD 21240, USA
On April 14, AirTran Airways, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest, will begin daily service to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, pending government approval. Southwest will offer three daily nonstop flights to Flint, Mich., from BWI.
In addition, three AirTran destinations will convert to Southwest, beginning the same day: Charlotte, N.C.; Rochester, N.Y.; and Portland, Maine. The carrier is offering introductory one-way fares on the new routes of between $69 and $159; travel must be booked by Oct. 28 and be taken between April 14 and May 22.