The buyer, who was not identified, plans to use the Cottonworth Avenue facility for something other than an ice rink, said Paul Cooper of Alex Cooper Auctioneers Inc., which handled the sale.
- The Real Estate Wonk blog
- Top 10 most expensive homes in the Baltimore region in 2013 [Pictures]
- Local housing market Top 10s for 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities [Pictures]
- Housing market Top 10s in the Baltimore area in early 2012 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Rumors surfaced around the time of the rink's closure that Olympian Michael Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, part owners of the neighboring Meadowbrook Aquatic Center, planned to buy the ice rink as part of an eventual expansion of the swim club facility. Bowman could not be reached Thursday for comment.