An Anne Arundel County company that specializes in highway excavation and vegetation control warned Maryland regulators that it will lay off 75 employees because a contract was not renewed, the state said Tuesday.
Mercier's Inc. in Harmans told the state that the cuts would come at the end of the year, but it expects many of the laid-off workers will land jobs with the new contractor.
The company could not be reached for comment.
- Maryland jobs - October 2012
- Maryland gained 14,000 jobs in Oct.; unemployment fell
- Maryland unemployment-insurance tax to drop in 2013
- How much do Baltimore-area workers earn? [Pictures]
- People on the Move: October 2012
- Health Professionals on the Move
See more photos »
7442 Shipley Ave, 5, MD 21077, USA