Interstate Hotels & Resorts began laying off its 52 employees at the Comfort Inn on Baltimore Annapolis Blvd. in the Linthicum area last week and will continue through the end of the year as it temporarily shuts down the hotel and its restaurant for major renovations.
- People on the Move archive
- How much do Baltimore-area workers earn? [Pictures]
- Jobs with six-figure salaries [Pictures]
- Health Professionals on the Move
- Jobs in health care [Pictures]
- Unusual reasons for calling in sick
See more photos »
6921 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Brooklyn, MD 21225, USA
Lexington Park, MD, USA
DynCorp declined to comment.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts, the management company for the Comfort Inn, said it hoped to reopen the location in 6 to 12 months and to rehire the laid-off employees. The hotel is north of Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and a few minutes from the city.
"It's a great market, great associates. We've just got to fix it," said Walter Conner, the company's vice president of operations. "It needs a total update, it really does, so it can be competitive in the market."