St. John Properties Inc., based in Windsor Mill, and Petrie Ross Ventures, headquartered in Annapolis, acquired Harrisburg Mall, a retail outlet southeast of that city anchored by Macy's, Pro Bass Shops and Great Escape Theatres, St. John Properties said.
- The Real Estate Wonk blog
- Top 10 most expensive homes in the Baltimore region in 2013 [Pictures]
- Local housing market Top 10s for 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities [Pictures]
- Housing market Top 10s in the Baltimore area in early 2012 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Harrisburg East Mall, Swatara, PA 17111, USA
Jerry Wit, a spokesman for St. John Properties, declined to comment on the mall's sale price but said that any public record of the purchase would not accurately reflect the deal's cost because of its complexity.
Seventy percent of the mall's retail space is leased, St. John Properties said.
The 61-acre parcel, located just off Interstate 83, also includes a free-standing Toys R Us and Applebee's restaurant. One anchor store is empty and available for lease.
Built just over 40 years ago, the mall underwent a $60 million renovation five years ago.
The purchase is the first Pennsylvania acquisition for the two Maryland commercial real estate development and management firms.