Plans call for a mix of large and small stores in a Main Street-style setting to be built in two phases along Boston Street in Canton. Developers are working to line up a big-box store and a grocer as anchors.
- The Real Estate Wonk blog
- 10 Hottest Baltimore Neighborhoods for 2013 [Pictures]
- Local housing market Top 10s for 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities 2012 [Pictures]
- Most expensive Baltimore-area communities [Pictures]
- Housing market Top 10s in the Baltimore area in early 2012 [Pictures]
See more photos »
The developers, a partnership of principals from Chesapeake Real Estate Group and Birchwood Capital Partners, said they had been able to reduce the amount of surface parking by planning a 600-space, below-ground garage.
Doug Schmidt, a principal with Chesapeake Real Estate, said that the partners were hoping to line up the anchor tenants soon and that the deals should attract other tenants.
The developers, who purchased the site in June from Exxon Mobil Corp., said they hoped to break ground by next summer.