We’ve got a change at the top and a revamped top 5. The Patriots showed their vulnerability at home against the Packers to slip to No. 2. The Falcons are so solid, so balanced and so in-control, they have moved up to No. 1. And your Ravens finally put all the pieces together for their best game of the season to climb to No. 3.
Team (previous rank), record
1. Falcons (2), 12-2: Must beat Saints or Panthers to clinch home-field advantage.
2. Patriots (1), 12-2: Can be taken out by a strong running team in the playoffs.
3. Ravens (5), 10-4: Now they have the formula; can they work the magic?
4. Eagles (6), 10-4: Will earn a first-round bye with two wins and a Bears’ loss.
5. Saints (3), 10-4: Couldn’t match the Ravens physically in tough-guy game.
6. Jets (8) 10-4: Mark Sanchez hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass the last three weeks.
7. Steelers (4), 10-4: Ben Roethlisberger has 2 TD passes and 15 sacks in the last four games.
8. Bears (NR), 10-4: Finish with the Jets at home and Packers on the road.
9. Giants (7), 9-5: Finish with road games in Green Bay and Washington.
10. Chiefs (NR), 9-5: Could be hard to beat in Kansas City in January.
NR – not ranked last week.
Clicking on Green Links will take you to a third-party e-commerce site. These sites are not operated by The Baltimore Sun. The Sun Editorial staff is not involved in any way with Green Links or with these third-party sites.