* By now, Maryland seems to have a pretty good formula for upending taller opponents. Maryland’s forwards converge down low on defense, and the guards sag into the lane to help. On offense, the Terps look to run whenever possible and drive the ball to the basket.
But sometimes, the bigger guys prevail. Wake did last night.
* Wake Forest blocked 10 shots. "Don't underestimate James Johnson's block down there at the end [with] under a minute," Demon Deacons coach Dino Gaudio said.
It's hard for the Terps to practice against really good big guys, because they don't have any.
* Maryland played quite a bit of zone against the larger Demon Deacons. "We figured they would play man-to-man, so when they went to a zone it kind of confused us for a little bit," Wake Forest's Jeff Teague said.
* Twenty-one times this season -- out of 29 games -- Maryland has committed fewer turnovers than the opposition. Last night, Maryland had 10 turnovers and forced 16.
* Best Dave Neal banner: ““I ask you to Neal."
* Shot of the night: Eric Hayes drives into the lane in the first half and flips up a left-handed floater that goes in.
* Most unexpected celebrity in the crowd: Jared Fogle, the Subway sandwich guy.