2 hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure at APG

Carbon monoxide exposure at Aberdeen Proving Ground sends two to the hospital.

Two workers at Aberdeen Proving Ground were hospitalized Monday after being exposed to carbon monoxide, an installation spokeswoman said.

A team of contractors was using some equipment powered by propane and tripped an alarm, spokeswoman Heather Roelker said. The base's emergency crews investigated and found ten people had elevated levels of carbon monoxide in their system.

Two of them were sent to University of Maryland Medical Center for further evaluation but are expected to recover, Roelker said.

iduncan@baltsun.com

twitter.com/iduncan

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
28°