Red Maryland is much more than a blog and a Twitter presence; it is a burgeoning online radio network, the Red Maryland Network, which encompasses online programming six nights a week.
The origins of the network trace back to early 2007 when our Greg Kline began the Conservative Refuge Podcast, which ran from 2007 through the launching of the network. Greg had political guests, analysis and bloggers on the show, which discussed various aspects of conservatism.
In 2008, Warren Monks from WAMD radio in Aberdeen began having on various Red Maryland personalities as guests. This led to the launching of Red Maryland Radio in the summer of 2008, which Red Maryland Radio continues on tonight and every Thursday night as the flagship show of our network.
Here is the full rundown of our network shows:
- Mondays 8 p.m.: The Broadside with Mark Newgent and Andrew Langer, brings you the commentary, analysis, and citizen journalism with a libertarian bent from across the state and nation.
- Tuesdays at 8 p.m.: Raging Against the Rhetoric Radio with Jackie Wellfonder, brings a positive and patriotic perspective from Jackie, an activist and a social media consultant on the Eastern Shore
- Wednesdays at 8 p.m.: J. Doug at Night with J. Doug Gill; WBAL veteran and Examiner Columnist J. Doug Gill brings his wit and unique style to Wednesday nights.
- Thursdays at 8 p.m.: Red Maryland Radio; the flagship show of the Red Maryland Network. Greg Kline and I bring you interviews and analysis you just won’t find anywhere else.
- Saturdays at 8 p.m.: Red Maryland Election Focus; a show dedicated to putting the spotlight on elections in the state of Maryland, with interviews with candidates, election strategists and commentators.
- Sundays at 8 p.m.: 15 Minutes; a unique show that turns over 15 minutes of air time to a special guest host every week with no interviewer, no calls, and no comments whatsoever.
We also have various special broadcasts from time to time, whether it be from the Maryland Citizen Action Network Turning the Tides Conference, a U.S. Senate Debate, the World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade, or the Maryland Republican Party convention as we will do tomorrow night.
You can always feel free to call in to any of our shows at 760-259-2711. Or, if you want to be part of the action and can’t call us live, you can call the Red Maryland Talkback line at 410-205-4875. If you’re poignant or entertaining enough, we’ll play your clip on the air.
Be sure to check out all of our great programming at blogtalkradio.com/redmaryland.
Red Maryland has strived to be the premier blog and radio network of conservative and Republican politics and ideas in the free state since 2007. Its posts appear regularly on baltimoresun.com.