On weekday mornings, I'll post the most controversial, shocking and (of course) ridiculous stories for your reading pleasure. That way, when you walk into work, you'll be the master of witty conversation.
• Sign of the apocalypse? Trump tied for first in GOP field poll. (CNN)
• Sign of the apocalypse, Part II: Justin Bieber involved in a political controversy in Israel? (Haaretz)
• Welcome to the future: U.S. drone might have killed U.S. troops. (AP)
• Thank God you live in America: Syrian soldiers shot for refusing to fire on protesters. (Guardian)
• Nevermind: One in four Americans sympathizes more with the south in the Civil War. (Gawker)
• Who? Tim Pawlenty announces presidential run
Quote of the Day:
"There's something there that teaches some very negative vibe," Donald Trump on the Koran.
• Couldn't have planned better PR: Gray speaks out after protest arrest. (Washington Post)
• Another reason to leave Maryland? D.C. makes legal online gambling. (AP)
• This is supposed to be an attack ad against Mitt Romney (showing he's a liberal), except, in my view, it makes him look much, much saner than most of the other Republican candidates (see above poll results).