On weekday mornings, I'll post the most controversial, shocking and (of course) ridiculous stories for your reading pleasure. That way, when you walk into work, you'll be the master of witty conversation.
• President's speech important, but administration acknowledges that "Dancing with the Stars" more important. (NYT)
• Hugo Chavez wins journalism award? (AP)
• Congressman and former "Real World" cast member says he's struggling on $174,000 salary. (Think Progress)
• George Clooney's role in Italian Prime Minister's sex party investigated. (Gawker)
• Is this a bad thing? Despite radiation, Goldman Sachs employees told not to leave Japan. (CNBC)
• A house that looks like Hitler. (Gawker)
• Tea party to get its own NASCAR truck. (Mediaite)
Quote of the day:
"Who works the room at a war speech?" Jon Stewart on Vice President Joe Biden.
Quote of the day II:
New word coined by Sarah Palin, describing the military action in Libya: "Skwirmish."
• Rep. Van Hollen asks former President Jimmy Carter to use his trip to Cuba to help a U.S. citizen jailed there. (The Baltimore Sun)
• Which Maryland counties drink the most booze? Annie Linskey details. (The Baltimore Sun)
• Anti-discrimination bill for the transgendered will not likely pass Maryland Senate. (The Baltimore Sun)
• No Obama on Nats' opening day. (Washington Post)
Move over "refudiate." Palin invents another new word.
Jon Stewart criticizes Obama's speech
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10cAmerica at Not-War - Obama Defends Military Action in Libyawww.thedailyshow.comDaily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook
Palin thinks a "week" is the same thing as a "day"
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun