On weekday mornings, I'll post the most controversial, shocking and (of course) ridiculous stories for your reading pleasure. That way, when you walk into work, you'll be the master of witty conversation.
• His constituents still like him, though: Pressure builds on Weiner to resign. (AP)
• Now that's a marketing strategy: Weiner offered $50,000 to be a spokesman for a dating website. (Mediabistro)
• Um, Mr. Obama, no offense, but we don't have any money left: Obama offers bailout greece money for Greece. (CNBC)
• Creepy: China genetically modifying cows to produce human breast milk. (Fox)
• Awesome: Alec Baldwin for NYC mayor? (The Daily)
Quote of the day:
"Why should Lady Thatcher have any interest in meeting Palin? Even if the Iron Lady were not in such rusty health, what would be the point or purpose of any such encounter? What possible interest could she have in meeting a two-bit, half-term governor of Alaska? To ask the question is to make the answer so clear that even Palin's most deluded admirers might be able to understand it. What, assuming the former prime minister were in the habit of receiving guests (which she is not), could they possibly talk about? One is a giant figure; the other, politically speaking, a carnival pygmy better suited to life on a second-rate reality television show," - Alex Massie
• Herman Cain makes a good standup comedian: Cain wants "Great Wall of China" and moat with alligators on Mexican border.
• Seriously? SWAT team breaks down man's door over student loans investigation.
Sacramento, CA:kxtv&division=Broadcast&SSTSCode=&videoId=984082418001&playerID=35146384001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACC1lKhk~,ZvV6UsgbjjbyRIyjCwZ1LlCJagPsiGNo&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" />Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun