On weekday mornings, I'll post the most controversial, shocking and (of course) ridiculous stories for your reading pleasure. That way, when you walk into work, you'll be the master of witty conversation.
• This took 45 minutes to announce? Obama plans to cut $4 trillion from deficit over 12 years. (Political Wire)
• Can you blame him? Did Joe Biden sleep through the president's speech? (ABC News)
• Days, not weeks: U.S. still bombing in Libya. (CBS News)
• Is there anyone we're not bombing? U.S. continues drone strikes in Pakistan. (NY Times)
• Please God let this happen: Chris Rock to CNN? (NY Post)
• Wall Street Journal: There is no male-female wage gap. (WSJ)
• Factcheck.org to Trump: "You're fired -- for incompetence." (Fact Check)
• Facts? Who needs fact? Arizona Senate passes "birther" bill. (ABC)
• This makes me like J. Crew more: Controversial ad depicts boy with painted toenails. (NY Daily News)
• Great. This makes the GOP field much stronger. Santorum's in. (Fox News)
Quote of the Day:
"I remember everything about it. I saw a hooker approach a man in a gray flannel suit. Pretty heavy stuff for a guy from Arkansas. My view is it’s way better now. You have to look at the overall numbers. Yes, look, I still have vivid memories of it. Romantic, fascinating," - Bill Clinton on his fond memories of the old Times Square in New York.
Quote of the Day, II:
"I think the citizenship test has been passed. I believe the president was born in the United States," - Mitt Romney on the place of President Obama's birth.
• Well, this was a really interesting book: State Senator makes other lawmakers actually interested in reading. (Baltimore Sun)
• We don't blame her: Mayor Rawlings-Blake flirts with Common. (Baltimore Sun)
• If you don't like a law, sue: Del. McDonough plans lawsuit over in-state tuition law for illegal immigrants. (Fox 45)
• Feds deporting illegal immigrants in Maryland prisons has some concerned. (Gazette)
• Colin Powell to be grand master at Baltimore Grand Prix. (BBJ)
• Lightning strikes the Empire State Building three times in one night while O's rained out against Yankees.
• Awesome: 700 Chinese students do Michael Jackson dance instead of calisthenics.
• And the 2014 gubernatorial campaign begins: