1. TO ENTER: Enter the Gridiron Giveaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") by logging on to www.baltimoresun.com/ravenscontest, completing the entry form and correctly answering the trivia question. Only one entry per person and per email address for each Sweepstakes Game Period (as defined below). Should any dispute arise concerning the identity of an entrant; the owner of the e-mail account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Entrants must use their own name. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Entries are void if incomplete, not legible, or if they contain errors. Sweepstakes void where prohibited and outside Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware and Pennsylvania.
2. DEADLINES: Sweepstakes entries will be accepted starting Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:00 a.m. (ET) and all entries must be received by Friday, January 7, 2011 at 12 noon (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Game Period"). The Sweepstakes Game Period will be divided into seven periods (each a "Sweepstakes Game Period"). Each Sweepstakes Game Period will begin the day following each Ravens game at 6:00 a.m. (ET) and end roughly three hours after the next game begins. The final Sweepstakes Game Period will end on Friday, January 7, 2011 at noon (ET).
3, ELIGIBILITY: To enter, you must: a) have been a registered member of Sun Rewards prior to the start of each Sweepstakes Week in which you enter; b) be 18 years of age or older; and c) be a legal U.S. resident residing in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Delaware or Pennsylvania.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be one winner for each Sweepstakes Game Period. The winner for each Sweepstakes Game Period will be randomly drawn for that Sweepstakes Game Period's prize from everyone submitting an eligible entry, including a correct answer to that Sweepstakes Game Period's trivia question. Sweepstakes Game Period drawings will occur on or about November 23, November 30, December 7, December 15, December 20 and December 27, 2010 and January 7, 2011. The Grand Prize will be awarded on or about January 7, 2011 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Game Period. If a selected winner is ineligible, or if the Baltimore Sun is unable to make contact with a selected winner after reasonable effort and time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Entrants will receive one grand prize entry for every correctly answered weekly question.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: One winner will be selected on the above dates to receive one of these prizes: an autographed Anquan Boldin jersey (Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $350), an autographed Terrell Suggs jersey (ARV: $350), two signed cheerleader calendars (ARV: $15 each), two autographed Willis McGahee mini-helmets (ARV: $150 each), a gift pack of Ravens merchandise (ARV: $50), a behind-the-scenes tour of M&T Bank Stadium for the winner and a guest (ARV: $200). Sponsor will determine which of the above-listed prizes will be awarded in a particular Sweepstakes Game Period in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize is a tour of Ravens Castle for the winner and a guest (ARV: $500) and a $750 gift card to hhgregg (ARV: $750).
Tours must be scheduled through Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, and certain dates may not be available. Tours must be completed by January 31, 2011. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No prize elements other than those listed in these Official Rules will be awarded. No substitute prizes are available; however, Sponsor may, at its discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All additional costs are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in delivery of prize for any reason. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Baltimore Sun are final and binding. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winner may be required to pick up the prize at The Baltimore Sun offices, 501 N. Calvert Street 21278. One prize per person.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: a. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Baltimore Sun, and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes. b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe set forth by Sponsor, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Winner's guest (or parent or legal guardian in the event guest is a minor) may also be required to sign and return releases prior to accompanying winner on prize tour. c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release the Sweepstakes Entities, their parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize. d. Governing Law: This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Baltimore Sun reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award remaining prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by the Baltimore Sun for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, software; failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
9. WINNERS LIST: for a list of winners write to: Denisa Protani, Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Reader Rewards, Circulation Marketing, 4th Floor, 501 N. Calvert, Baltimore, MD 21278. Requests must be received by February 28, 2011.
10. SPONSOR: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21278.Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun