NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Preakness Looks Contest ("Contest") starts at 7 a.m. (ET) on May 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on May 20, 2013 ("Contest Period"). This Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and and The Baltimore Sun Company ("Sponsor").
1) Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Maryland, the District of Columbia, or York County, Pennsylvania who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of The Baltimore Sun Company ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside above-listed areas. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: During the Contest Period, create a Pinterest board as your entry into the contest. "Repin" the photo explaining contest entry procedures to your board using "#PreaknessLooks" in the caption field. Then, begin "pinning" your Preakness look to the board in order to create your entry. Boards must have at least one item to be entered in the contest. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. All entries must be received by the close of the Contest Period. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winners and Notification: On or about May 20, 2013, judges from The Baltimore Sun will judge entries based on how well they reflect the "best Preakness look." The decision of the judges is final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Contest, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winners by email and phone. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prizes and Delivery: 1 Grand Prize: Two (2) tickets and one (1) parking pass for Kenny Chesney's concert at FedExField in Landover, MD, on May 25, 2013.
Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize may be picked up at the Baltimore Sun offices at 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Failure to pick up tickets within a week of notification will result in forfeiture of prize.
5) Other Conditions: Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of tickets by winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Contest website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Contest website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Contest if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Contestwebsite or any combination thereof.
7) Winners List: For an Official Winners List (available after May 20, 2013), send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Baltimoresun.com, Attn: Olivia Hubert-Allen, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278. All requests for Winners List must be received by May 29, 2013.
8) Sponsor: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21278.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.