2014 Baltimore Sun Peeps Recipe ContestOFFICIAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. The Baltimore Sun Peeps Recipe Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Peeps and the Baltimore Sun. Contest is offered only in the Maryland and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Entry deadline is March 31, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules.
- Eligibility. To enter, you must be at least 18 old or older and resident of Maryland. If you are a minor, you must have permission of your parent or legal guardian to enter. You are not eligible to enter if you are (a) an employee of Sponsor, or a member of the immediate family (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household (whether or not related) of any such employees or (b) one of last year’s Contest winners or (c) a food professional.
- Prizes: The following prizes will be available: One Peeps gift card valued at $100 and two gift cards valued at $50 each. Prizes will be distributed in April 2014. Entries will be judged on recipe originality, attractiveness and use of ingredients. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners assume sole responsibility for all costs associated with the prizes not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), fees, and surcharges on a prize. Gift cards are subject to any additional terms and conditions printed thereon or imposed by issuer. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced. Any portion of any prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. All prizes being offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries: To enter, email a photo of the finished recipe, ingredients and full recipe directions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include your phone number and the city in which you live. You must put "Peeps contest" in the subject line.
- Regardless of method, limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address. Additional entries received from any such person or email address thereafter will be void. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
- All recipes and photos must be original to you and may not include any watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices. Any such item that is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion at any time to violate these Official Rules, or to otherwise be unsuitable, offensive or in poor taste, may be rejected and the accompanying entry disqualified. Recipes and photos (including non-winning Recipes, Photos and Captions), identified only by the entrant’s user name, shall appear online on the Sun’s website and could appear on the Peeps website. By entering, you authorize the sponsors to publish and publicly display the Recipes, Photos and Captions in any and all media in perpetuity for any purpose as determined by the Baltimore Sun, including promotional purposes, without additional compensation.
- Sponsor will contact all potential winners in accordance with the information supplied to Sponsor on their Entry Forms. Winners may be asked to provide Sponsor with valid identification and a declaration of eligibility, liability waiver and/or publicity release. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, publish the names of the verified Winners and/or Finalists as well as the winning recipes in the paper or online.
- By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor and those acting on its behalf, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use for the purposes of this or similar contests, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, his/her name, picture, likeness, and information, as news or information and for art, trade, and/or promotional purposes without additional compensation or review.
- Entrants agree that Sponsor, Tribune Company, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, retailers, and all of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, franchisees, promoters, representatives, employees, contractors, officers, directors, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”) (a) are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any lost, misdirected, postage-due, illegible, mutilated or damaged entry forms, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by Sponsor by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Contest or downloading of any software or materials; (c) are released from any and all liability related to this Contest and the receipt and use of any prize; and (d) will not be responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CONTEST OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest or any part of this Contest should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, at which time, Sponsor will select the Finalists and/or winners in accordance with the previously described selection criteria from among all non-suspect entries received at the time of the Contest cancellation, termination or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any contest-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims based on the previously announced judging criteria.
14. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
15. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, e-mail your request to email@example.com, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules Request.” Winners’ List will be available after May 7, 2014.
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun