NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Baltimore Sun's Oscars Contest ("Sweepstakes") starts at 4:00 pm ET on Monday, February 6, 2012 and ends at 1:00 pm ET on Sunday, February 26, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Harford County or Carroll County who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related) of The Baltimore Sun Company ("Sponsor") and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside area described above. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: Everyone who completes the online voting form and correctly identifies all winners of the 2011 Academy Awards will be entered into a random drawing. Incomplete voting forms will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet or other online difficulties or errors. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winner and Notification: On or about Monday, February 27, 2012, Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winner by email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: The winner will one gift card for AMC Theatres valued at $250 (approximate retail value: $250) Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5) Other Conditions: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within 24 hours of the time Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors' right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Fraud/Tampering: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet.
7) Winner List: For the winner's name, write to: Marketing, 3rd Floor, 501 N. Calvert, Baltimore, MD 21202. Requests for winner list must be received by April 1, 2012.
8) Sponsor: The Baltimore Sun Company, 501 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.