President Barack Obama just spoke to the American people about the U.S. operation that killed terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.
Some key points from the president's brief speech:
• Obama praised the "tireless and heroic work" of the military.
• Obama said he directed CIA director Leon Panetta to make the "killing or capture" of bin Laden his top priority.
• The president said a lead developed in August about bin Laden's whereabouts. The terrorist was "hiding in a compound deep" within Pakistan. He said he authorized a "targeted operation" against bin Laden and U.S. military members killed him after a "fire fight."
• Obama called bin Laden a "mass murderer of Muslims" and said his killing was a "significant achievement."
• Obama gave a nod to President George W. Bush who first launched the hunt for bin Laden and specified that the U.S. "War on Terror" is not a war on Islam.
• The president closed his remarks saying, "Justice has been done."
Here's the full video of the speech: