1. What are Mobile alerts? Mobile alerts are text messages you receive on your mobile phone or PDA.
For Breaking News alerts, text NEWS to 70701
For Business alerts, text BUSINESS to 70701
For Deals alerts, text DEALS to 70701
For Entertainment alerts, text ENTERTAINMENT to 70701
For Local Sports alerts, text SPORTS to 70701
For Orioles alerts, text BASEBALL to 70701
For Ravens alerts, text FOOTBALL to 70701
For Weather alerts, text WEATHER to 70701
You can also sign up for any of these text alerts by using our online sign-up form
2. Do I have to register on the website to receive mobile alerts? No. Signing up for mobile alerts does not require registration on the website.
3. How many alerts will I get? Upon signing up for each of our alerts, you will receive a confirmation text message that explains how many texts you should expect to receive on that topic per day/week. You can stop receiving alerts at any time by texting "STOP" to 70701. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request.
4. Do alerts cost me anything? We do not charge you for our alerts. However, your carrier may charge you to send and receive text messages. Contact your carrier for more details: Message and data rates may apply.
5. If I sign up for one alert, do I get them all? No, you must sign up for each alert individually.
6. How do I stop the alerts? To stop receiving alerts, you may either reply "STOP" to a message you receive, or the following:
To end Breaking News alerts, text STOP NEWS to 70701
To end Business alerts, text STOP BUSINESS to 70701
To end Deals alerts, text STOP DEALS to 70701
To end Entertainment alerts, text STOP ENTERTAINMENT to 70701
To end Local Sports alerts, text STOP SPORTS to 70701
To end Orioles alerts, text STOP BASEBALL to 70701
To end Ravens alerts, text STOP FOOTBALL to 70701
To end Weather alerts, text STOP WEATHER to 70701
You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request.
7. Which carriers is this program available on? AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Alltel and US Cellular. Standard messaging charges apply. Contact your carrier for more details.
8. What is on your mobile site? Our mobile site contains many of the same stories as our websites, but in a customized format that is easy to read on your mobile device.
9. Why would I use the mobile site if it has the same content as your website? The mobile site is more convenient when you are away from a computer. You can read the news on the bus or train, on your way to work in the morning. You can look up the Ravens or check the weather when you are out and about.
10. How often do the stories change on the mobile site? Stories are updated throughout the day, just as those on our online site are. Come back often to see new and updated local, national and international stories.
11. Does using the mobile site cost me anything? We do not charge you to access the mobile site. However, your carrier may charge you to access the Internet from your mobile device. Check your cellular phone contract or contact your carrier for details about these charges.
12. Do I have to register to use the mobile site? No. We do not require registration to use the mobile site.
Other questions or comments? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun