Plan calls for razing, rebuilding Lexington Market

Electric park

Photos of Jim Lewis' on exhibit at the Peale Museum...A Baltimore amusement park, circa 1911, from a glass negative. Electric Park, located on 25 acres along West Belvedere Avenue, near Reisterstown road, boasted a dancing pavillion, clubhouse, casino, racetrack, and the wildly popular "Johnston Flood" cyclorama exhibition. Open in 1896, Electric Park was razed for rowhouse development in 1916. (copy photo/Hillery Smith.)
Copyright © 2016, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
46°