1. Jr. Anthony Cabrera (Liberty) 26-5.
2. Jr. Anthony Bilotta (Pius X) 27-5.
4. Fr. Matt Williams ( Pen Argyl) 31-3.
3. Fr. Evan Disora ( Easton) 27-6.
5. Fr. Ian Evans (Parkland) 25-12.
Honorable mention: Fr. Darian Cruz (Bethlehem Cath.) 23-3, fr. Anthony Dee (Salisbury) 18-7, soph. DeMarquis Holley (Dieruff) 19-3, fr. Seever Hoyak (Notre Dame-GP) 20-10. Fr. Bryan Israel (Saucon Valley) 28-8, jr. Nick O'Donnell (Panther Valley) 23-6, fr. Dylan Steffeninno (Upper Perk) 22-5.
Noteworthy: Williams had a terrific weekend at 2A state duals, going 6-0 with five bonus-point wins and a 5-4 decision over the state's third-ranked 2A wrestler from Ridgway. Disora went 4-1 in 3A duals, running into a tough bout vs. Connellsville.
1. Sr. Mike Fake (Parkland) 28-6.
2. Soph. Randy Cruz (Bethlehem Catholic) 28-5.
3. Jr. Jamie Welsh (Pen Argyl) 27-4.
4. Soph. Devon Lotito (Liberty) 16-4.
5. Sr. Matt Valentin (Stroudsburg) 24-8.
Honorable mention: Soph. Joe Dalessandro (Pius X) 21-7, soph. Tyler Galasso (Freedom) 17-10, fr. Ty Herzog (Northern Lehigh) 21-7, soph. Ernest Klingel ( Pleasant Valley) 23-8, sr. Dylan Long (Northwestern) 22-2, fr. Wolfgang McStravick (Upper Perk) 24-4, sr. Greg Rinker (Northampton) 23-7.
Noteworthy: Fake ascends to top spot on his recent dominance at 112: He's 16-0 here after going 4-0 at state duals, with a 2-0 win over Central Dauphin's Shyheim Brown. Valentin edged Klingel 8-6 in the MVC title match. Probably the district's most competitive weight class in both 2A and 3A.
1. Sr. Brandon Davis (Parkland) 32-5.
2. Jr. Franco Ferraina ( Nazareth) 23-5.
3. Soph. Mike Dahlstrom (Pleasant Valley) 22-7.
4. Sr. Adam Phillippi (Saucon Valley) 30-6.
5. Soph. Zane Heller (Northern Lehigh) 23-4.
Honorable mention: Sr. Bryan Brensinger ( Whitehall) 16-10, sr. Lee Coleman ( Bangor) 19-6, soph. James Elphick (Pen Argyl) 17-4, jr. Josh Fritz ( Emmaus) 18-9, soph. Sam Oberlander (Palmerton) 16-7, sr. Sean Phuah (Pocono Mt. West) 20-9, fr. Robbie Rizzolino (Easton) 24-11, fr. Tyler Seislove (Quakertown) 16-8.
Noteworthy: Davis went 4-0 at 3A state duals, with a 5-4 win over Boyertown's Matt Malfaro. Dahlstrom had a pin against Stroudsburg. Phillippi was 3-1 last week, losing to Bedford's state-ranked Corey Thomas.
1. Jr. Zach Horan (Nazareth) 28-1.
2. Sr. Anthony Marino (Liberty) 23-6.
3. Sr. Justin Mazza (Pius X) 28-2.
4. Jr. Scott Wolfinger (Quakertown) 21-6.
5. Sr. Jordan Glykas (Northampton) 15-9.
Honorable mention: Jr. Michael Crawn (Bangor) 16-7, soph. Richie Cruz (Bethlehem Catholic) 19-10, sr. Tyrone Deschler (Saucon Valley) 24-10, jr. Lucas Dise (Northern Lehigh) 18-8, sr. Eddie Faust (Northwestern) 17-9, sr. Constantine Filipos (Central Catholic) 21-4, soph. Vinny Pellechia ( Catasauqua) 21-6, soph. Alex Yanovich (Pleasant Valley) 22-8.
Noteworthy: No changes on this week's list, with Mazza the only wrestler among the top 5 competing. SV's Deschler went 3-1 at 2A state duals.
1. Sr. Jordan Toledo (Pleasant Valley) 29-2.
2. Soph. Mitchell Minotti (Easton) 31-3.
3. Fr. Mike Racciato (Pen Argyl) 35-3.
4. Jr. Greg Noll (Nazareth) 22-8.
5. Jr. Eric Howey (Stroudsburg) 25-5.
Honorable mention: Jr. Alex Barday (Pennridge) 16-7, jr. George Bastian (East Stroudsburg South) 26-3, sr. A.J. Chernaskey (Saucon Valley) 29-8, jr. Kolby Mashack (Tamaqua) 23-2, sr. Mike Serrano 17-9, fr. Ryan Todora (Bethlehem Catholic) 20-7.
Noteworthy: Minotti was 5-0 for Easton at 3A state duals and has won 20 straight since a 6-5 loss to Toledo. Howey majored PV's Yanovich at 125 on Saturday.
1. Jr. Joey Rizzolino (Easton) 25-10.
2. Jr. John Lynch (Saucon Valley) 29-3.
3. Jr. Justin Heller (Parkland) 28-11.
4. Sr. Mike Pokrinchak (Pleasant Valley) 23-6.
5. Jr. Ian Stout (Nazareth) 16-8.
Honorable mention: Jr. Luciano Burriesci (Pen Argyl) 25-13, sr. Matt Klacik (Freedom) 15-10, soph. Victor Embardino (Notre Dame-GP), 23-9, jr. Austin Erney (Emmaus) 19-9, soph. Anthony Farole (Lehighton) 18-12, sr. Nate Snyder (22-9).
Noteworthy: Rizzolino lost three bouts at 3A state duals, two to top-ranked Central Mountain's Jordan Rich. Lynch went 4-0 last week, while Heller was 2-2. Burriesci had three clutch wins for Pen Argyl in the 2A state duals.
1. Sr. Mark Hartenstine (Easton) 34-0.
2. Sr. Tyler Torcivia (Nazareth) 25-5.
3. Jr. Rex Lutz (Pen Argyl) 29-8.
4. Sr. Jacob Chamberlain (Pleasant Valley) 24-5.
5. Jr. Nikko Stevens (Northern Lehigh) 23-5.
Honorable mention: Fr. Matthew Bonshak (Whitehall) 24-7, jr. Rich Jasinski (Pennridge) 14-5, sr. Mike Kistler (Parkland) 25-8, sr. Billy Paukovits (Northampton) 14-11.
Noteworthy: Hartenstine rolls on, including a 5-0 record at 3A state duals with a pair of 7-0 wins over Central Mountain's Brian Brill. Lutz was 4-2 at 2A state duals, with both losses to state-ranked opponents. Kistler 4-0 at 3A states.
1. Mike Ottinger (Parkland) 31-5.
2. Jr. Ryan Krecker (Nazareth) 27-3.
3. Sr. Tyler Lauchaire (Stroudsburg) 23-6.
4. Sr. Phil Racciato (Pen Argyl) 32-3.
5. (tie) Soph. Elliot Riddick (Bethlehem Catholic) 23-7 and Jr. Bobby Clymer (Northwestern) 21-4.
Honorable mention: Sr. Dan Costenbader (Palmerton) 19-4, sr. Jacob Giovannini (Pius X) 26-6, soph. Dylan Hofmann (Northern Lehigh) 21-5, jr. Briar Malischewski (Quakertown) 21-9, jr. Donald Paul-Miller (Pocono Mt. East) 23-1, jr. Anthony Minotti (Easton) 21-11, sr. Dillon Smith ( Jim Thorpe) 24-5, sr. Aaron Williams (Whitehall) 22-10.
Noteworthy: Ottinger rebounded from back-to-back losses to go 4-0 at 3A state duals. Racciato's third loss came to state-ranked Noah Horst of Schuylkill Valley. Lauchaire won at 152 against Pleasant Valley.
1. Sr. Austin Sommer (Northampton) 28-4.
2. Sr. Craemer Hedash (Northern Lehigh) 23-5.
3. Sr. David Lucykanish (Lehighton) 28-4.
4. Jr. Kyle Dehaut (Bethlehem Catholic) 26-6.
5. Sr. Greg Chrin (Notre Dame-Green Pond) 27-5.
Honorable mention: Jr. L.J. Bachert (Emmaus) 10-4, sr. Mike Englert (Palmerton) 20-5, jr. Matt Gotzon (Southern Lehigh) 16-5, sr. Seth Guth (Whitehall) 25-6, sr. Eric Koch (Quakertown) 18-6, sr. Andy Moore (Parkland) 17-14.
Noteworthy: Chrin went 4-0 at Dieruff's Husky Duals with two pins. Hedash and Lucykanish's teams wrestled each other but they did not.
1. Sr. Wade Rivera (Parkland) 35-3.
2. Sr. Edwin Gonzalez (Quakertown) 18-6.
3. Sr. Mike Brown (Liberty) 21-8.
4. Sr. Josh Rodriguez (Whitehall) 15-3.
5. Soph. Jon Blank (Notre Dame-GP) 26-5.
Honorable mention: Fr. Cody Ambrose (Upper Perk) 22-7, jr. Zack Bambary (Easton) 19-14, sr. Dan Comunale (Pius X) 22-9, jr. Luke Gotzon (Southern Lehigh) 15-3, sr. Xavier Isley (Dieruff) 15-6, jr. Chris Yocum (Stroudsburg) 24-5.
Noteworthy: Rivera's loss was to the nation's top-ranked 160-pounder, Marshall Peppelman of Central Dauphin. Blank went 4-0 at Husky Duals, getting his 21st pin of the year. Rodriguez topped UP's Ambrose.
1. Sr. Tate Klidonas (Emmaus) 27-3.
2. Jr. Colin Hedash (Northern Lehigh) 26-1.
3. Sr. Luke DeLuise (Pius X) 29-2.
4. Jr. Ed Helm V (Pocono Mt. East) 23-2.
5. Sr. Ben Bradley (Nazareth) 22-6.
Honorable mention: Sr. Nick Edmonson (Saucon Valley) 29-5, soph. Dylan Evans (Pen Argyl) 30-7, soph. Luke Garner (Catasauqua) 21-6, sr. Brian McLaughlin (East Stroudsburg South) 22-5, jr. Sidney Outlaw (Souderton) 19-2, sr. Chris Pintado (Liberty) 22-5, sr. Tyler Wolfe (Quakertown) 22-9.
Noteworthy: Tough circumstances for Saucon's Edmonson, who was DQ'd at 2A state duals for allegedly throwing a punch. Edmonson and his coach, Chad Shirk, strongly disagreed with the call, but, unless he receives clearance, Edmonson will not be eligible for the postseason. PA's Evans was 6-0 last week and has won 14 straight.
1. Jr. Garth Lakitsky (Tamaqua) 27-1.
2. Jr. Ian Gimbar (Saucon Valley) 32-5.
3. Sr. Matt Transue (Stroudsburg) 24-6.
4. Jr. Tarik Haddad (Parkland) 29-9.
5. Sr. Kevin Rehm (Whitehall) 23-6.
Honorable mention: Sr. Nick Hale (Upper Perk) 22-8, jr. Tyler Horn (Pen Argyl) 22-11, jr. Martin LaLuz ( Bethlehem Catholic) 18-10, sr. Tyler Marx ( Northampton) 14-7, soph. Troy Newhard (Emmaus) 22-6, sr. Robert Smothers (24-3).
Noteworthy: Gimbar went 4-0 in 2A state duals, and Haddad was 3-1 in 3A, with an OT loss to Boyertown's Tyler Mauger. Horn was injured during 2A duals.
1. Sr. Taray Carey (Whitehall) 24-0.
2. Jr. Joe Stolfi (Souderton) 25-2.
3. Sr. Francis Roscioli (Wilson) 21-3.
4. Sr. Allen Marvin (Stroudsburg) 24-7.
5. Soph. Nick Sharga (Northampton) 18-7.
Honorable mention: Sr. Robert Basile (Quakertown) 18-7, fr. Aaron Bradley (Nazareth) 20-7, jr. Jalal Paige (Easton) 17-9, sr. John Scheaffer (Panther Valley) 18-7.
Noteworthy: Carey scored his 15th pin, in just 19 seconds, against Upper Perk. Marvin came through with a big win for Stroudsburg at 285 and with a shoulder injury. Paige had two wins at 3A state duals.
1. Sr. D.J. King (Nazareth) 21-6.
2. Sr. Curtis Garner (Catasauqua) 19-1.
3. Sr. Tony Bourizk (Whitehall) 21-3.
4. Sr. Gregg Walker (Quakertown) 21-5.
5. Sr. Josh Gonzalez (Pocono Mt. West) 23-6.
Honorable mention: Jr. Mic hael Bryan (Pocono Mt. East) 16-4, fr. Shaun Heist (Parkland) 15-14, sr. Tom Lapping (East Stroudsburg South) 16-7, sr. Briar Stern (Lehighton) 20-8, sr. Justin Williams (Liberty) 15-10.
Noteworthy: Bourizk has two wins, including a fall, since his loss to Parkland's Heist two weeks ago. Heist still making the switch between 215 and 285.
The Morning Call wrestling rankings are compiled by Mark Wogenrich. The rankings are based on records obtained from the National Wrestling Coaches Association and National High School Coaches Association Web sites. Honorable-mention wrestlers are listed in alphabetical order. Please send comments, corrections and additions to email@example.com.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun