John joined Fox 5 News as a reporter in November 2010. He previously worked as the North Idaho reporter for the CBS affiliate, KREM in Spokane, Washington and the CBS affiliate, KPAX in Missoula, Montana.
During his time covering local news, John has reported on everything from school district issues to college football. He has won several awards for his news and sports reporting. In March of 2007, his tip to law enforcement in Idaho Springs, Colorado directly led to the safe return of two missing children from Walla Walla. He has also profiled local issues on mental health in the Spokane area.
When hes not at work, he can be found playing hockey, struggling at golf or strumming a guitar.
What's on your iPod?
- The popular and the hard to find. The Beatles and the Who to Ben Folds, Yo La Tengo, Damien Jurado and Mogwai.
Which professional sport would you play and why?
- Ice Hockey. Started playing when I was 5 and haven't looked back.
If you were not in TV news, what profession would you choose?
- Dream job...the voice of the New York Rangers.
What's something that no one knows about you?
- I've used the, um, facilities at Buckingham Palace. I was 7. Long, but funny story.
Dinner for 5, who would you invite? (Dead or alive)
- Jerry Seinfeld, Abraham Lincoln, Peter Jennings, George Harrison, A random person outside the restaurant.
John Langeler - Reporter
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.